Pickle-Mason House

Historical Marker: Master carpenter Andrew Porter Pickle (1833-1908) built this house for his family in 1871. It remained in the Pickle family until 1913, when it was sold to Augusta K. and Sarah Zora Mason Davis. Following their deaths, it remained in the family. The home consists of two structures under one roof. The rear part features shiplap siding and the front exhibits milled siding and a five-bay facade. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1988

>> Williamson County Historical Commission

Colonel Charles C. Mason came to Texas in 1851. He was one of the original pioneer settlers of Bagdad in Williamson County where he acquired thousands of acres of land during the 1850s and 1860s. With the help of slaves, which he brought from North Carolina, he operated a large cattle business. He was left financially ruined at the close of the Civil War. The cattle brand CM that he registered on May 31, 1856 belongs to us now, making it in the family for 131 years.